Broody Leghorn???

Desert Peep

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Imagine my surprise when my brown rose comb leghorn "Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner" decided to go broody along with her buddy "Lowrider" the Japanese Bantam Cross. I always thought Leghorns were a breed that were less likely to go broody. Anybody else have a broody Leghorn?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and Lowrider. And let's not forget Myrtle the BO who also decided to join the "Broody Bunch"
57919_img_7144.jpg

Broody Bunch sharing a nest
57919_img_7148.jpg

I thought I picked breeds that weren't supposed to go broody but it's a losing battle!! No leghorns, but yours is a cutie. I didn't know there was such a thing as a rosecomb leghorn. Love their names!

I didn't know such a creature existed either, but all the experts on BYC chimed in and said that's what she is. My poor BO; she has spent a good part of her life sitting in the nest on a golfball:)

My WLH Molly went broody on 9/4. She just hatched 6 out of 7 eggs under her today:)
smile.png
smile.png
this is my first experience with chickens and I'm shocked that it happened after everything I've read about the breed. She's just 7 months old too.

Back
Top Bottom