Broody Nasty Ducks

JenInNev

Songster
Apr 23, 2021
I have read, but never thought that MY ducks could be such nasty little biddies until they went broody.

I currently am the only person in the house that will eat duck eggs, so wasnt paying much attention. All three laid nests and because of personal issues I just let them sit. How many chicks would i get anyway? Famous last words. Both the peking and khaki sporadically sat on their nests. The little tiny mallard was very diligent. The nest was outside the pen but protected. Got up on the 2nd of June to 14 little ducklings. Shouldnt be a problem getting rid of them, just need to get them advertised.

Peking and Khaki are outright dangerous to the babies. Right now i have them blocked off from Ductor Mallard and her overly large family. But man o mighty are they on my list for coal in the xmas stocking. Now i need to go clear out their nests and remind myself to collect the eggs EVERY morning

20220602_194735.jpg

I have read, but never thought that MY ducks could be such nasty little biddies until they went broody.

I currently am the only person in the house that will eat duck eggs, so wasnt paying much attention. All three laid nests and because of personal issues I just let them sit. How many chicks would i get anyway? Famous last words. Both the peking and khaki sporadically sat on their nests. The little tiny mallard was very diligent. The nest was outside the pen but protected. Got up on the 2nd of June to 14 little ducklings. Shouldnt be a problem getting rid of them, just need to get them advertised.

Peking and Khaki are outright dangerous to the babies. Right now i have them blocked off from Ductor Mallard and her overly large family. But man o mighty are they on my list for coal in the xmas stocking. Now i need to go clear out their nests and remind myself to collect the eggs EVERY morning

View attachment 3138700
She's a good mother. They are absoulutely adorable! I love baby ducks

Back
Top Bottom