Broody pheasant hen. *PICS*

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
I thought she was laying low like hens do, went back in an horu she was still there. Bumped her off and saw 4 or 5 eggs in a clutch under her. She came back and has been on it for a couple hours.

Can't do much weedwackin' around the pen now, shes hidden by the grass.

Corner of this dilapidated pen
056.jpg

055.jpg

Hi Ticks,
I don't know what you have for predators up your way,but I would put something behind her so things can't reach threw the wire and grab her.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
I know, I built boxes, put sap buckets in there, and other things like that and she builds it in the corner. The grass is very thick and I can't see her when I'm over there. Only from the other side.

I went out to the pen this morning, she got up to get the some food and water while the rooster watched her nest. I also saw that there was quite a few feathers in there, a good sign that she is goin to sit on this clutch.
big_smile.png

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this,this is sooooooooooo awesome...Im wanting to buy ringneck chicks soon and release all of them except about 5 (2 cocks and 3 hens)and keep them in a big pen and try to have a hen go broody.It would be awesome...I would love to see pictures of her and her chicks or any stories of your pheasants...thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom