Broody Silkie hen that is laying on her head. Can anyone help?

I hope she gets better soon! The only thing that helped my Silkie that had wry neck was scrambled eggs, peace and quiet, and 3 times a day getting a Vit E tab squeezed into his mouth.

Thank you to everyone that helped us. I am glad to report that our girl is back in the coop with the rest of the group, doing well. The only way I can tell her apart is the yellow stain on her feathers from the vitamins and she is now the biggest girl in the bunch from eating all the scrambled eggs she wanted!

We used vitamins E & B-complex, infant vitamins, selenium, and prednisone, along with isolation and scrambled eggs. It took 6 weeks, but was worth the effort.She was still a little crooked when we put her back in with the others, but she was much happier with the flock. We saw much improvement overnight. I guess she just needed to be back with rest of the gang!

Anyway, thanks for all of the expertise!

Take selenium crush it then take vitamin A oil caps and drain the oil into the selenium and then use a dropper and feed it to the chicken that should help the situation

Have a look at this and see if you think it could be crookneck also called wry neck:

http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article.html

click on the left column where it says "crookneck" for the article

Silkies especially seem to be prone to it, and many have success at treating it with vitamins.

I have no experience with it, and thus cannot say if that is in fact what you have there.

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom