1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Broodys coop STINKS!! UPDATE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by waitin on eggs, Sep 18, 2011.

1. waitin on eggs

waitin on eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    Hello,

I have a broody orp and on thursday I set 11 ee eggs under her that were shipped to me. Well today is sunday and it smells in there real bad. She is sitting tight. I checked for broken eggs and poops and nothing. If i was to candle now would i see anything on day 3? I just dont want any exploding or ruining the rest. Please advise!!

Thanks- michelle

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    No you won't. But broody poop stinks bad. If she gets down and poo's in coop, watch out [​IMG]

3. waitin on eggs

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    UPDATE! Well this morning I was planning on changing out the bedding. Went out and she had abandoned the nest, eggs were cold ther was a giant poop and some watery blood. I opened the door and she came out eating,drinking like crazy her comb is very pale, she went w/ other chickens and they attacked her viciously!!! Shes now bleeding still puffed up and clucking, put he back in broody pen seems to be eating and drinking, i candled the eggs they are cold mind you, only at 4 days but on all eggs there is a spider like figure w/ veins but a bright red ring around all I'm assuming they r bad! I'm not quite sure what to do?

Sorry this is so long...

4. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    she didn't leave them she just got off the nest for a while

5. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    Your broody has bloody poo? That sounds like she has something wrong in her intestinal track and you may need to treat her.

6. waitin on eggs

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    Quote:No they wEre ice cold like out of the fridge cold

7. waitin on eggs

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    Quote:The poo was a huge giant blob no blood in poo just watery drips of blood, probly cause the poo was so big! I dunno

8. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    Quote:The poo was a huge giant blob no blood in poo just watery drips of blood, probly cause the poo was so big! I dunno

Oh Ouch! My bantam cochin who's broody right now poos as big as my 8lb Bichon.

9. waitin on eggs

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA

Oh Ouch! My bantam cochin who's broody right now poos as big as my 8lb Bichon.

I'm not sure what to do now the broody pen is like 2 rooms food and water in one and nest in other eggs wwere ice cold this morning and candled as i said but she is still not sitting on them hasnt been on them yet they were cold at 630 am its now 915 here does that red ring i saw indicated bacteria cause they do smell maybe she knows theyre bad i dunno

10. waitin on eggs

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    And I thought this would be fun to let her hatch!! SILLY ME, i' m just really worried about her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by