Broody's egg disappeared

picklestheduck

Obsessed with Animals🦆🐓🐥🐴🐱🐶
Premium Feather Member
Oct 16, 2021
Michigan
So I had an egg under a broody that looked to have another 8 days till hatch although she had been on it for a while. It was certainly alive. Long story short broody had 5 eggs and some eggs kept getting moved to the next door nesting box. ( I have no clue how) well for a good long while broody has been sitting on this egg. I have ever hatched an egg before and long story short the eggs were forgotten under broody by a friend who was caring for them. Well today I went to check for it, and broody was dust bathing in the run and the nesting box had a ceramic egg ( which has been there all along) and nothing else. I looked behind, around, and dug through the shavings. Broody came in and got back on her nest. I dug apart the coop, checked the whole run and even looked outside the run for evidence of a broken egg or blood or anything, but there is nothing. The nesting box was perfectly clean. Any thoughts? These are the last pics I took of the egg.
1654541748895.png
1654541758633.png

Could be something took it. Snake, rat, sneaky possum. Also could of gotten stuck to the feathers and carried outside. May have been removed by the hen or another her. Near impossible to guess. One year I had a crow snatching my eggs.

Back
Top Bottom