Brower Humidaire M-100 - I got it Pictures!!!

Fudgie

Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
North Central Missouri boonies
Ok I need some info on this baby.

It is a Brower Humidaire Model 100 (400 egg hatcher) Has 3 drawers that hold approx 400 eggs total or 800 quail eggs. It has a manual turner mechanism and is absolutely beautiful. It is at the very least 50 years old but I think it is older than that to be quite honest. The lady I am buying it from said she got it with her mother-in-law 40years ago and the lady they bought it from had it for quite a few years. I am thinking probably 50 ish years old. It has a dark cherry/redwood look to it. Has been in the garage all it's life. Needs some elbow grease but that is all.

First off what would this baby cost. Second, no I don't have a picture or it would be here. It has an upper door that when opened reveals 3 drawers that pull out where the eggs sit. There are separators that you can put in for smaller hatches so the eggs don't roll all over the place, The lower area has a door that opens up to reveal the humidity resivoir and electronic area. It has a wick unit for the humidity. The heat is electric. The top is arched like a camel back trunk. and it is on a stand that makes it look like a drum for playing bingo. This thing stands 3 1/2' tall by 3' wide by maybe 24" deep.

I need any info on this as it is coming home to be with me! I think it is a steal but I want to get your opinions on this.

So 2 questions
1) how much is this thing worth, it all works fine.
2) anyone know how to get hold of brower information on these incubators?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Humidaire hatcher 20 or 21 and I paid $300 the company went out of business in 2001. works great. If I have any questions I call sunny creek. if the model 100 is the same as the 2001 one, the price tag was $2830 I have a 2001 price list.

Last edited:
Well then I guess i did not get hurt at all on the sale. I paid 100 bucks for it and it just needs to be cleaned and dusted off
celebrate.gif

And thanks for the contact information above everyone. I saw that sunny creek farms but wondered if they really could get stuff.

The lady said she thought she had the original book on it.
fl.gif

What a great find. If she has the book to it that would be even better. The wood along in the old incubators is a thing of beauty.

You must get pics of it.

Yeah she said she would keep it for me in her garage(safe from the icky elements in MO right now) and when it warms up a bit, I will go get it. The wood is BEAUTIFUL even with dust and mud dobber nests. Opened up the drawer and there was a mouse nest in there. LOL

After I get it home, I will take before and after pictures of it to show you all. I am so danged egg-sited!!!

Shelly, DD wanted to hatch chickies and ducklings and whatever else she can hatch for extra spending money. I figure 400 eggs a month ought to do that for her. Plus I don't have to get rid of the LG's now so I have 6 of them to pack full.....we are gonna be doing some major hatching! that would be a good name for the "company" Major hatching!

I cannot wait, this thing is a beautiful piece of work and one you could put in the family room and no one would be the wiser! I love the coloring of the wood! I want it NOW!!! Warm up Missouri!! NOW!!!!
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
love.gif

WOW!!!

I can't wait to see the before and after's! And you're going to be running that puppy...along with 6 LG's?
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif
I think that's every hatchaholics dream!
lau.gif

I think this is the feeling we will have when we all go to chicken heaven.........

Hatchers all around made with beautiful handwork and workmanship.Chirping little peeps everywhere. Hens laying eggs to fill up each of those beautiful incubators and us just carefully tending to the flocks! What a vision of lovlieness a place like that would be.

droolin.gif
droolin.gif
is right! I am envious of myself! LOL I never dreamed of having a hatcher that holds 400 chicken eggs! WOW

Back
Top Bottom