Brower Incubator's

Bluedog420

Songster
11 Years
Apr 24, 2008
Cartersville, Ky
Does anyone here use a Brower incubator? I just bought one and any info on them would be helpful...Thank's
old.gif

If you are talking about the Browers Top Hatch then Yes I have 2.. My hubby bought one for me a few years ago and it worked great temp. wise. The crank for the egg turner went out tho.
I called manufacturer and guy asked what the problem was and I just held phone up to bator and let him listen to the awful noise it made...
He promptly sent me a new one free of charge, This bator was a newer type and had the ball bearings to make turning easier...
It worked great..
Just keep extra light bulbs on hand...
Oh and the important thing I learned to do is wrap it in bubble wrap just around the sides. Not on the bottom or top.. Keeps the temp spikes away!
And make sure you do not run out of water..it seems to use alot....
I never took out more than 1 plug from the top... good luck

Thanks, that helps me too. I got a Brower and tried a couple of hatches and wasn't very successful. It arrived with the thermometer broken so I got a thermometer and hygromet at Petsmart. I may try to tinker with that again. I never could seem to get the humidity to read right and consistently. When I filled the tray like it said to water spilled out the bottom. Is there a trick to having the right amount of water in there? And, what do you use for monitoring temperature and humidity?

When you add water to the tub on the Brower, experiment before you set your eggs . Use a cup at a time to see how much it takes to change the water level. I had problems with getting the humidity up with mine at first and discovered that the do use lots of water. Bubble wrap around the tub works great, as mentioned. I also used WD40 on the ball bearings and it helped quiet it down a bit. It helps to have an extra set of ball bearing too, Those little ones are easy to loose. Brower people are awesome if you call customer service to technical support they will get yo what you need and give all the help you can ask for.

Back
Top Bottom