Brower Top Hatch incubator modification. ^^PICTURES ADDED^^

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
Well, I got a free THI10 Brower Top Hatch incubator. The thermostat broke in it, but that didn't keep me down. I finally bought a Bi-metal thermostat, and put it the Brower Top Hatch incubator. I don't have a thermometer in it at the moment, but I am letting the incubator set for a while, and then I will measure the temperature, and I also bought a new thermometer. I am really liking these two incubator warehouse products.
70328_bi-metal_thermostat_001.jpg
70328_bi-metal_thermostat_002.jpg
70328_bi-metal_thermostat_003.jpg
70328_bi-metal_thermostat_004.jpg

*****UPDATE******

Here are the new pictures, the incubator is holding steady 99 degrees all throughout the incubator(I made sure it was). I have changed the light fixture to a standard bulb sized light bulb socket, instead of that little candelabra light bulb socket that comes with the incubator. I have also added 2 PC fans to it. I know a lot of you guys are opposed to this much air movement throughout the incubator, but this was the only way I could get this even temperature throughout the incubator. I am happy with it.

70328_updated_brower_001.jpg
70328_updated_brower_002.jpg
70328_updated_brower_003.jpg
70328_updated_brower_004.jpg

Last edited:
Is this an older unit? i ask because i have a Brower top hatch on the way and mine has the bulb in a cone near the bottom. Is this an older unit with a different design, or could you place the lamp and rheostat on the bottom with some sort of protector around the bulb?

Interesting, heat rises, i think it might be problematic trying to keep the lower shelf were the eggs will rest at a consistent temperature.
But i am very new at this! Good Luck!

No, this unit is very old, but is not too different from the other Top Hatch incubators. I am going to install a PC fan to the acrylic lid hopefully tomorrow.

Quote:
This is what it used to look like when I first got it.
70328_browertophatch_003.jpg

By the way, I recommend cutting the cone down a little bit. When I got mine, half of the cone was melted, and brown. This happened before the thermostat broke too. I used a dremel to cut it.

Last edited:
I added a PC fan to it, and the temps are holding within a degree, all through out the incubator. I will post Pictures of it soon.

By the way, this incubator is not even insulated. I bet this will be a monster after I wrap it in some 1/2 polystyrene.
ya.gif

Last edited:
Cool modification. I am not familiar with the TH incubators. Is it an autoturner? If so, wont your eggs hit the fans casing?

Back
Top Bottom