Brower Top Hatch Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by earthnut, Sep 29, 2007.

1. earthnut

earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Jaynie(jimnjay) here had one she sold to thndrdncr (Jill) so they both could tell you about it. It tends to blink lights on and off till someone, maybe Jaynie, dubbed it the "DiscoBator", LOL.

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I was thinking about buying the same one. I googled reviews on it and found a few complaints so I decied to go with a more expesive model. If you do get it do tell how it works out! [​IMG]

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I upgraded from a still air Hova-Bator to the Top Hatch. I liked it and had good hatches with it. I had a bit of trouble getting humidity up in the winter months with it. I resorted to placing a vaporizor next to the incubator. I recently sold the Top Hatch and bought a used TX - 6. The Top hatch was very easy to clean. I used it in a room that keeps a pretty constant temperature and very little traffic. If you budget allows for the Top Hatch and you have a place to put it that will not be distracting then it is a good investment and in my opinion far better than the styrofoam units. I really don't like the wafer type thermostat. You can fit lots more eggs in the Top Hatch than the one I have now but I don't really care to hatch more that 12-14 chicks at a time.

If I was starting out all over again and I knew then what I know now. I would probably buy the or the TX-6 without the turner as I am home and can turn eggs several times a day. It is around $195.00 without the turner and you can upgrade later. You do not have to open the incubator to turn them with the manual turn unit.

I would be happy to answer any more specific questions you may have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by