BROWER TOP-HATCH QUESTIONS

Southern Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
NorthWest Florida
I have a used one, I don't know where these ball bearings are supposed to go. It keeps making a popping noise, it that normal. I don' have anything in between the base and the post. I have placed little felt pads on the post. Is that where the BB go? I don't have any BB, I have just seen them for sale as parts for this thing. Thanks for any replies and pictures that you great BYCer's are great for!

Southern Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
NorthWest Florida
Quote:I did find that information, I have found that they sell ball bearings for it. I don't have any of those and I am not sure where they go. I think they would go on top of the tower, resting on the teflon post pad. I don't know the size to buy either. I figured that I could pick them up at a hardware store. I just don't know the size bb to get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Renegade

Songster
12 Years
Oct 8, 2007
Griffin, GA
The ball bearings go in the posts. Without them I would think you would get alot of friction and wear out the motor.

Donna

Southern Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
NorthWest Florida
Quote:It is making a heck of a noise and popping/clicking sound. I will go to buy some today. Anyone know where I would buy something like that? What size do I need? Smaller thatn a marble, right?

*******************************UPDATE******************************************

I called up to Brower, I spoke to a great guy named, Rodney. He was very helpful. The bearings there are 35 little ball bearings and 7 big ball bearings. The little ones are 1/16" and the big ones are 3/8". They stack ontop of each other and that helps it spin. I am heading to Lowe's or Home Depot after work to get the size that I need. I will have to buy a new motor for this thing, I can already see that!!!!!

Never found them at any stores, hd to order them from Hawkeye Steel. Works great now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom