Brown egg laying chicken not laying brown anymore?

Goatlover09

Chirping
Aug 8, 2023
Hey. This year I bought 4 premium pullet starlight green egger chicks. One was a mixed breed roo, one was a starlight green egger pullet, and two are a rhode island red color. When the brown ones started to lay they laid brown eggs but we suspect that they are cinnoman queens. One of the cinnoman queens went broody and I havent gotten a brown egg since. I am sure at one point the other one was laying brown eggs because I was getting two brown eggs from their coop in one day. Their earlobes were red but the earlobes on the non-broody one are starting to look green-ish blue. I beleive she has been laying because I haqve caught her in the nest boxes multiple times. It has been hotter this past week but nice out before and though there was stress with the addition of a new bird, that was 2 weeks ago. We haven't gotten any brown eggs from them in the past 2 weeks. Could the color of eggs she was laying changed?

Hey. This year I bought 4 premium pullet starlight green egger chicks. One was a mixed breed roo, one was a starlight green egger pullet, and two are a rhode island red color. When the brown ones started to lay they laid brown eggs but we suspect that they are cinnoman queens. One of the cinnoman queens went broody and I havent gotten a brown egg since. I am sure at one point the other one was laying brown eggs because I was getting two brown eggs from their coop in one day. Their earlobes were red but the earlobes on the non-broody one are starting to look green-ish blue. I beleive she has been laying because I haqve caught her in the nest boxes multiple times. It has been hotter this past week but nice out before and though there was stress with the addition of a new bird, that was 2 weeks ago. We haven't gotten any brown eggs from them in the past 2 weeks. Could the color of eggs she was laying changed?
Once a chicken lays a certain color of egg, it never changes.

let me rephrase: i have 2 birds who were laying brown eggs in that coop. i was getting 2 brown eggs a day which proves it. right before my hen went broody i was ony getting one borwn egg a day nad now that she is broody their are no brown eggs. i have seen the non broody go in nest boxes multiple times and im sure she must be laying an egg. the other color eggs i get are blue, olive, lighter olive, and a darker more teal like blue

let me rephrase: i have 2 birds who were laying brown eggs in that coop. i was getting 2 brown eggs a day which proves it. right before my hen went broody i was ony getting one borwn egg a day nad now that she is broody their are no brown eggs. i have seen the non broody go in nest boxes multiple times and im sure she must be laying an egg. the other color eggs i get are blue, olive, lighter olive, and a darker more teal like blue
If you have an olive egger it's possible she's applying more of the brown pigment at times making them look more brown than green. I have that happening with my olive eggers.

Back
Top Bottom