Brown Leghorns

To the original poster, please refer to the rule cited below:

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Thanks for your cooperation.
smile.png

leghorns lay lots of eggs(one a day/each usually), hardly ever go broody(except in my case
lol.png
, must be something in the water), and have laid for me through the winter, so 7-8 hens would be great! Brown leghorns the same as whites except maybe just a bit less eggs. You can probably get lots more info on them at feathersite dot com . There are many many links there.

Last edited:
Quote:
I would love to see your brown leghorns please? I bought a shipment from Ideal called special surprise pullet and I am wondering if the brown ones they sent are leghorns? Thanks in advance for the pics!

wow, noone else?

What else, exactly, do you want to know about brown leghrons? Different strains can vary somewhat. By & large they're good layers of largish white eggs, probably not as productive as the whites as they were used commercially. Leghorns tend to be intelligent, flighty, vigorous, busy free rangers, non broody.....​

Back
Top Bottom