brown mottled Cochin?

Quote:
Emailed you.
smile.png

I got it, Ashley, and emailed you back. I'd be tickled for you to have one.

Here's another question.
What if I put a brown mottled girl with the lemon blue Cochin roo?

331225553.jpg

I know (think) the first generation will lose the mottling, but I could get a blue-based chick that carries the mott gene.
I think adding blue would make them prettier
smile.png

Here is one of his off-spring (from the lemon blue roo mated with a blue or black frizzled hen):

(at least I'm pretty sure that's where he came from. Becky hatched and has him. Becky?)

rusty-3.jpg

This guy is pretty as he is, but add mottling and WOW!

smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:
I got your email and emailed you back.

Yes that would be interesting. I think you've pretty much hit that nail on the head with what the chicks will be like. I'm not real familiar with lemon blues and how they're made. Would be interesting that's for sure.
smile.png

DDD...if you keep them and breed them.... I would love some eggs to hatch!!!!

I'd take them off your hands, but live too far away and shipping is WAY to expensive on grown birds!

Last edited:
I would be very interested in some eggs from these...! I have been following some of the mille fleur talk and would love to do some educated experimenting for the color...
Rosemary

I need to get some updated pics of Rusty. All of my others that are roos have crowed, but I haven't seen him crow. Is it possible he's a she?

The dark around his neck is really cool and some of his feathers look like they've been dipped in light chocolate. People that see him just love him!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom