Brown Red Mottled D’Uccles Project

No chicks yet from this year
I did keep a pullet from last year and I believe also a cockerel. I’ll have to go back and look. I’ll also try to get updated pics of last year’s babies tomorrow.
Ahh, I see. I just barley put eggs in my incubator a week ago. Still pretty early in the year.
Nice! Cool, looking forward to it.
I love seeing your birds :D

Ahh, I see. I just barley put eggs in my incubator a week ago. Still pretty early in the year.
Nice! Cool, looking forward to it.
I love seeing your birds :D
Thanks! I’ve just began setting up my breeding groups, couple eggs here and there from my bantam mixed flock, and I got a little brown egg from my bantam Brahma group yesterday.

Thanks! I’ve just began setting up my breeding groups, couple eggs here and there from my bantam mixed flock, and I got a little brown egg from my bantam Brahma group yesterday.
Yeah? I've had my old English in groups for a few weeks now, I've been getting eggs for 2 weeks now.
If you'd like, I can tag you in one of my old English threads.
That's good you're starting to get eggs again, the more eggs you get, the fuller the good old mayor gets! Lol.

Yeah? I've had my old English in groups for a few weeks now, I've been getting eggs for 2 weeks now.
If you'd like, I can tag you in one of my old English threads.
That's good you're starting to get eggs again, the more eggs you get, the fuller the good old mayor gets! Lol.
Yeah you can tag me! I’ve got a small breeding group of OEGBs.

Rooster- F1MF
Hens-F2, there where 3 but the coon killed the other. I had to dub my roo and a few others after a very cold, cold snap.
View attachment 3745085View attachment 3745086
They look nice! The male looks to be nicely filled out, and that’s some nice gold Leakage. The hens are a bit short though. I’m assuming that’s from the Japanese bantam. Hopefully you can hatch out plenty of chicks out this year to get your pick from, these seem like a good trio to breed from, so long as you cull hard to cement the d’uccle traits in.

They look nice! The male looks to be nicely filled out, and that’s some nice gold Leakage. The hens are a bit short though. I’m assuming that’s from the Japanese bantam. Hopefully you can hatch out plenty of chicks out this year to get your pick from, these seem like a good trio to breed from, so long as you cull hard to cement the d’uccle traits in.
Thanks! That’s my pan. I’ll also get to move the project to f4 with my two pulley I kept from last year.

2023 Grow outs

I am most proud of this pullet. She’s got the best mottling and leakage
F1MFxF1MF
D6032ED1-FE13-41B9-975F-97C8EB6671E4.jpeg

The two boys
F1Mille Fleur x F2 (second rooster)
I may end up not useing this roo for the project. (No leakage and some how has blue ears? I’ll have to do some research or ask some people about this) I’ve had some people want plain jane mottled D’Uccles, so I may breed him to my plain mottled girls and start my own line of mottleds, maybe.
7D0F369F-9B64-4A9F-A0EA-EA32E767D62C.jpeg

Beak definitely, he also hatched out with a orange spot on the side of his head. Definitely not being used in the project
01CD15F0-FBEE-4DC1-A5E0-5DFAC85B7B36.jpeg

F1Mille Fleur x F2
I’m not as proud of this pullet, at least she is mottled and has leakage, vulture hocks and feathered feet.
C9FC93A1-568A-405F-956D-EB5A68F8A017.jpeg

This girl here will not be used for breeding, she has a beak definitely. She’ll live her life free ranging with Cricked Beak (my cricked beaked polish cross) and hatching babies and raiseing babies.
F1EFF0A0-6313-47D3-8CC2-6179AD9557C4.jpeg

And Happy Super Bowl! Go Chiefs!

2023 Grow outs

I am most proud of this pullet. She’s got the best mottling and leakage
F1MFxF1MF
View attachment 3745680

The two boys
F1Mille Fleur x F2 (second rooster)
I may end up not useing this roo for the project. (No leakage and some how has blue ears? I’ll have to do some research or ask some people about this) I’ve had some people want plain jane mottled D’Uccles, so I may breed him to my plain mottled girls and start my own line of mottleds, maybe.
View attachment 3745683

Beak definitely, he also hatched out with a orange spot on the side of his head. Definitely not being used in the project
View attachment 3745684

F1Mille Fleur x F2
I’m not as proud of this pullet, at least she is mottled and has leakage, vulture hocks and feathered feet.
View attachment 3745687

This girl here will not be used for breeding, she has a beak definitely. She’ll live her life free ranging with Cricked Beak (my cricked beaked polish cross) and hatching babies and raiseing babies.
View attachment 3745688

And Happy Super Bowl! Go Chiefs!
Aww Beaker will still be a happy flock member 🥰

Back
Top Bottom