Brown Shaver Chicks

I'm not positive that they are the same breed and they just have different names but they look the same and the description is the same. So they maybe different breeds but they do the same thing.

Last edited:
Brown Shaver is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries sell their Red Sex Links which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. Other labels you can purchase RSLs under include Gold Sex Link, Red Star, Gold Star, Isa Brown, Golden Comet, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Red Shaver, Warrens, Babcock Brown, Warrens, Brown Sex Link, Bovans Goldline, etc. I've purchased RSLs under a number of these labes, and no matter which label they are sold under, my Red Sex Links have been egg laying machines, consistently churning out more than 300 large, brown eggs per hen per year. :eek:)

Last edited:
Brown Shaver is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries sell their Red Sex Links which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. Other labels you can purchase RSLs under include Gold Sex Link, Red Star, Gold Star, Isa Brown, Golden Comet, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Red Shaver, Warrens, Babcock Brown, Warrens, Brown Sex Link, Bovans Goldline, etc. I've purchased RSLs under a number of these labes, and no matter which label they are sold under, my Red Sex Links have been egg laying machines, consistently churning out more than 300 large, brown eggs per hen per year. :eek:)

Thanks for that clarification. I can now stop my search for these Brown shavers. As I have four coming from Murray McMurray... I just don't understand why they just stick with the same name origin.

Thanks for that clarification. I can now stop my search for these Brown shavers. As I have four coming from Murray McMurray... I just don't understand why they just stick with the same name origin.

You're welcome. Since Red Sex Links are hybrids rather than an actual standard breed there is no standard name for them (Red Sex Link is the most common). Because of this, the names under which they are sold are strictly for marketing purposes. Murray McMurray sells their Red Sex Links under the label Red Star. I've ordered their Red Stars on several occasions and you'll get loads of eggs from them. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom