Brownie is limping and molting, oh my!

Royal Red

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2013
I have a year old Wyandott that is molting for the first time. Her new quills are coming in nicely, but I had to remove her from the flock because she started limping and the flock picked her back until they drew blood. She started molting five days ago, and began limping three days ago. I have read several post looking for what may have caused her limp. In all probability she could have hurt herself jumping over our 3' gate to graze in the backyard, but I am not sure what to look for on her leg or underside. She does have one little mark on her foot that might be bumblefoot, but it appears more like a bruise than a sore. I have her inside in a cage and have started an oral antibiotic. I have given her two baths to soak her foot and bottom, even tried to check her vent for egg (not sure I am doing it correctly) applied antibiotic cream on her back, and have a heat light on her to raise her temperature. She is still drinking and eating twice a day, but she has hardly passed any dropping and definitely no eggs. What else should I do and how long can the limp last? Thank you for your help! ~ Michigan

Back
Top Bottom