Brutalized pullet pooped out... something...

She ate half her egg (one powdered Tums mixed in during cooking, sprinkled generously with meal worms). Hopefully she’ll finish it when she’s ready for another snack—if she eats it all, that’s 1000 mg Ca plus what’s in the egg/milk & the worms. I don’t use layer feed—I just give oyster shells free choice and meal worm snacks. Does this sound like enough, or should I try to get more Tums down her than the one today?

She ate half her egg (one powdered Tums mixed in during cooking, sprinkled generously with meal worms). Hopefully she’ll finish it when she’s ready for another snack—if she eats it all, that’s 1000 mg Ca plus what’s in the egg/milk & the worms. I don’t use layer feed—I just give oyster shells free choice and meal worm snacks. Does this sound like enough, or should I try to get more Tums down her than the one today?
Sounds good for the day.
I would give her more tomorrow, then see how it goes.

She has both eyes opened but still kind of slitty. When I gave her her Tums eggs she attacked them. Definitely feeling better. I want to wait until she lays a normal egg and can keep both eyes open normally, then I think I’ll put her back out with her friends on a relatively warm night.

Back
Top Bottom