BSL... Really?

The hatchery that these came from only carry Barred Rock, Black Australorp, Production Red, Gold Star, BSL, White Rock, Buff Orpington, Silver Laced Wyandotte and then the Americana and Bantams. They do have White Leg horns and Californina Wite and Cornish X in the Chickens.

Sometimes they dont always list everything on there. Definately NOT a BSL.

Looks like either a Welsummer or Brown Leghorn. Looks like a roo to me. But if I had to pick, from the list you show me, I would say EE.

EE is what? Also what do I look for to see that it is a Roo? I am totally new to this.

Last edited:
Here's my BSL. Others posted their similarly colored BSLs in past threads. Seems weird that all of us would end up with the same wrong breed.

51438_img_2502.jpg

It is weird. In my case I ordered 12 chicks and got 13. I thought they may have just thrown in another breed to show me another chick. I have had more people than not say definately not BSL. I am just trying to figure out what they are.

I would email this photo to the hatchery to see if they can help you identify it. I have both Welsummers and EE (easter eggers--mixed breed that often lay blue or green eggs). Yours looks just like one of my EEs which looks just like my welsummers. I don't know how old yours is but my welsummer rooster is 7 weeks and has a huge red comb.

I have 12 week old welsummers and partridge rocks. Your picture doesn't look at all like the partridge rocks. It looks just like my wellsummer pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom