Bubble Wrap - the cheapest place to get it?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ArabiansR2Cool, May 2, 2009.

1. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, it happened...I finally ran out of bubble wrap [​IMG] Where does everyone find to be the best and cheapest place to get bubble wrap for shipping eggs?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

eBay. [​IMG]

3. ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

Any particular sellers?

4. bwg_bear

bwg_bear Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Kenton Ohio
    I bought some bubblewrap bags that you can tear off a piece of tape and seal them from ULINE. I think a 1000 bags were $84. It makes the job alot easier. [​IMG]

5. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Did you try freecycle or craigs list?

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I buy the big 200' roll of bubble wrap from Staples. It's around $20, and I can wrap 400 eggs out of it. I use a LOT of bubble wrap per egg (a 6" X 12" piece for each egg).

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I get mine from walmart, it's about $12 for 100 sq. ft. I have checked on ebay, and all the ones I found with the same amount has been more. If you were to buy a larger amount, then ebay would probably be the way to go, if you don't mind waiting for it.

8. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Sam's club has a box of 3/16" bubble wrap 240' X 12" (240 Square Foot), I think it was 15 bucks.... maybe 18.

9. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    I use a lot of bubblewrap for shipping Sugar Eggs (not the real thing, but about as fragile [​IMG]) and I've found the best deal to be at Sam's Club unless you need an insanely large amount.

I get the big roll, it is 240 sq. feet perforated every 12 inches, and it costs about $13.

You can always ask a local business to save some for you as well-I know someone who requests it from the local drugstore and dollar store, and they set it aside for her instead of tossing it as they unpack fragile merch. Good luck!

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    LA~Poulet :

I use a lot of bubblewrap for shipping Sugar Eggs (not the real thing, but about as fragile [​IMG]) and I've found the best deal to be at Sam's Club unless you need an insanely large amount.

I get the big roll, it is 240 sq. feet perforated every 12 inches, and it costs about $13.

You can always ask a local business to save some for you as well-I know someone who requests it from the local drugstore and dollar store, and they set it aside for her instead of tossing it as they unpack fragile merch. Good luck!

Good idea! I would have never thought of that! And man, I wish there was a Sam's around here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by