Bubbles from the eye

Help! I have a hen that was seeming alot better after having symptoms of merecks, but now bubbles are coming from her eye... Resperatory? Help!
She seems sleepy.
Bubbles, sleepiness, wobnly\doesnt want to stand, bubbles in corner of her eyes, doesn't want to eat or drink, puffy eyes... How much time do I have???? I can't find a fast way to get the meds!
I'm sorry she is not well.
Can you post some photos?
Have you added chickens to your flock in the last 30 days?

When you get the Tylan let us know we will help you with dosing. I don't know of anything you can get to help her if she's has respiratory disease. Tractor Supply normally carries Tylan50, but call first.

Try to keep her hydrated. If she has mucous in the nostrils keep that cleared. Bubbles in the eyes can be flushed out with saline.

I'm sorry she is not well.
Can you post some photos?
Have you added chickens to your flock in the last 30 days?

When you get the Tylan let us know we will help you with dosing. I don't know of anything you can get to help her if she's has respiratory disease. Tractor Supply normally carries Tylan50, but call first.

Try to keep her hydrated. If she has mucous in the nostrils keep that cleared. Bubbles in the eyes can be flushed out with saline.
I don't have a tractor supply here, but we have North 40... I have added new chicks, I have had them for a while now... And they were from North 40.. I believe I have had them for almost 2 months... Let me check.

I have been using a syringe to force water into her, and been giving scrambled egg, tuna, chick starter (soaked and poultry boost added).. I have been having to force most of it down her though.
Is she taking that o.k.? Careful when syringing so she doesn't choke. I'm sorry she's not better:hugs

25mg tablet of enrofloxacin daily for 7 days. Enrofloxacin 10% will treat a wide range of bacterial infections in birds. Can also be used to treat respiratory problems, liver, urinary tract, and some skin infections, as well as infections from wounds.

Back
Top Bottom