Bubbles in egg?

TommyDaDelaware

Songster
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
Central WI.
I have a chicken related question that I don't think can go anywhere else.. Whenever my mom cracks open an egg from our Showgirl, Frou-Frou, there's bubbles in the egg white. Like little air bubbles. I know that they have air sacs in the ends of eggs, but why would there be air bubbles in the whites? Just a curiousity question.

You didnt say how old the hen is. In searching for info that might help you i found that older hens have this issue. Plus the bubbles can come from a flacid oviduct (especially if the egg is laid nearing molting) which allows air into the system

You didnt say how old the hen is. In searching for info that might help you i found that older hens have this issue. Plus the bubbles can come from a flacid oviduct (especially if the egg is laid nearing molting) which allows air into the system
Good info. I never knew that.
idunno.gif

Shes about a year or two old. She is just coming out of a molt I do believe.

Back
Top Bottom