Bubbles in eyes of new birds

AlleysChicks

Enabler
6 Years
Oct 10, 2016
Southern Ohio
I bought 3 new birds a couple weeks ago. Right off the one had a couple bubbles in her eyes. They all had lice also. So I've been treating for lice and started treating with Denaguard. Anything else I can do? I tried Vet rx I think its called first before starting denaguard.

Do you have other chickens that have ever had a respiratory infection, sneezing, or watery eyes? Bubbles in eyes is a sign of mycoplasma gallisepticum or MG, a chronic respiratory disease that can make carriers of all your chickens and poultry. It remains in the flock until the last bird is gone. It can spread rhrough hatching eggs as well. Symptoms may be treated with some antibiotics including Denagard, but the disease is a chronic one that can retrurn during periods of stress. Close your flock to birds going in or out of the flock. Have you kept these birds in quarantine? What are you treating the lice with? Permethrin spray or dust can be used at 10 day intervals to get rid of them. Gordons Permethrin 10 is a good product that can be diluted with water, and a pint makes a few gallons of spray to use in a bottle.

Do you have other chickens that have ever had a respiratory infection, sneezing, or watery eyes? Bubbles in eyes is a sign of mycoplasma gallisepticum or MG, a chronic respiratory disease that can make carriers of all your chickens and poultry. It remains in the flock until the last bird is gone. It can spread rhrough hatching eggs as well. Symptoms may be treated with some antibiotics including Denagard, but the disease is a chronic one that can retrurn during periods of stress. Close your flock to birds going in or out of the flock. Have you kept these birds in quarantine? What are you treating the lice with? Permethrin spray or dust can be used at 10 day intervals to get rid of them. Gordons Permethrin 10 is a good product that can be diluted with water, and a pint makes a few gallons of spray to use in a bottle.
Never had problems before. I got these birds from a friend for my lone hen. Yes that's what I'm treating the lice with.

I actually just ordered more chicks last night 😩 I thought stress and cold might have caused a cold in them. They had rooster damage too and that's started to get better

Back
Top Bottom