Bubbles in my hens eye

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dasiy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. dasiy

dasiy Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2014
    My hen is a year and a couple of months and she has bubbles in one of her eyes what should I do

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Pictures, please....

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    There could be debris in the eye. I recommend flushing the eye with saline solution.
    Also, it could possibly be the onset of a respiratory disease, normally there would be other symptoms such as; wheezing, sneezing, head shaking, gurgling, mucus in nostrils.

4. KittieChick

KittieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2014
    Wake Forest, NC
    My 7 month rooster has one bubbly eye, no swelling, no mucus. Not raspy, he makes like a high pitched cough now and then, but they all do that when eating. Little pigs. :)

His appetite and activity are good. We've just come off a spell of bitter cold and some rain.

I have VETRX, I think that's what it is. Says it an be applied to the cleft in his palate. I was initially thinking he has an irritation in there.

These are my first chickens, so I'm a little reluctant to just rush in with doing stuff. My hens have just started laying, so I also don't want any illness spreading. Gah! Suggestions?

I noticed his eye yesterday. Day before it was clear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by