Bubbles (?) in our hen's eye

jslev16

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Hi. We just got our araucana hen on Friday. We have had our 3 RIRs for almost 2 weeks. They are all from the same farm. Today we noticed some clear bubbles...almost look like spit bubbles in one of our araucana's eyes. The RIRs are pecking at her but have had their beaks snipped (at the farm). Could they have gotten her eye or is this a sign of something else??

By the way...she needs a name too! ;) she is copper/black (cheetah spotted-black tail) and looks very hawk-like. She is a tough chick putting up with the others establishing "pecking order"...thought about "tuffy" or just "TC" for tough chick ;). Other ideas?? Our other girls are "Miss CC (curious Chick), Cutie, and Fluffy".

It also could possibly be a respitory issue. I would put her by herself until the bubbles go away, or another issue presents itself. Either way, you don't want more damage caused by the others pecking at it's eye.

Thank you. I was reading about that last night too. We will separate her today. I am not certain the others are pecking at her eye, I just thought maybe they got her by accident. They are all so funny. They peck at her on the ground but all snuggle up close on the roosting bar :).

Back
Top Bottom