Bubbles on egg

You can upload a picture right here...click on the attach files button.

The number one reason eggs die when temperature is too high in the bator.
Oh ok I understand yeah the bubbles have a got kind of a black colour to them if you get what I mean I’ll upload a pick when I’m back in the incubator room

In my experience, if there are bubbles on the outside of the shell, you missed a crack in the shell when you set it.

Temps being too high can also certainly be a problem

Candling eggs as you set them can help prevent setting eggs with small cracks from happening.
If your eggs are in an auto turner, and it is “stuck”, you may need to take a paper towel soaked w warm water and press gently against the “stuck” side. After a few minutes, the water will soften the leaked material and allow the egg to release.
Work slowly so you don’t explode a bacteria “bomb” into the incubator and put the other eggs at risk.

If you do find a crack on a valuable egg- there are threads here on sealing cracks w candle wax and generally successful hatch results - but you need to catch it/ seal them early on.

Regarding your question about humidity...
Are you concerned that you have other issues?
You said you don’t have a way to check humidity.... which.... I suggest you correct before your next hatch. Hygrometers are not expensive and can greatly increase your hatch rates.
However.
How do you monitor your eggs?
Do you weigh them?
Do you watch the air cells?
Or...?

Have you confirmed your temps in the incubator with a secondary thermometer?

Have you had successful hatches in the past?

Oh ok I understand yeah the bubbles have a got kind of a black colour to them if you get what I mean I’ll upload a pick when I’m back in the incubator room
If the bubbles are already a black color....
take a paper towel, gently wrap it, gently lift it out- and get it out of there ASAP
That one is about to blow. And you really do not want that to happen, for many reasons 🤢

No...I have no idea what you mean by bubbles so I look forward to seeing the pictures.

If the bubbles are black does it mean it was infertile or it died ?
It died. Early on. In my experience...
And it may or may not have died early due to a likely crack in the shell that allowed bacteria in.
I cracked one like that once on accident. It exploded.
It was horrible.
Thank goodness I was cooking while camping, and not at home in my kitchen 😵

In my experience, if there are bubbles on the outside of the shell, you missed a crack in the shell when you set it.

Temps being too high can also certainly be a problem

Candling eggs as you set them can help prevent setting eggs with small cracks from happening.
If your eggs are in an auto turner, and it is “stuck”, you may need to take a paper towel soaked w warm water and press gently against the “stuck” side. After a few minutes, the water will soften the leaked material and allow the egg to release.
Work slowly so you don’t explode a bacteria “bomb” into the incubator and put the other eggs at risk.

If you do find a crack on a valuable egg- there are threads here on sealing cracks w candle wax and generally successful hatch results - but you need to catch it/ seal them early on.

Regarding your question about humidity...
Are you concerned that you have other issues?
You said you don’t have a way to check humidity.... which.... I suggest you correct before your next hatch. Hygrometers are not expensive and can greatly increase your hatch rates.
However.
How do you monitor your eggs?
Do you weigh them?
Do you watch the air cells?
Or...?

Have you confirmed your temps in the incubator with a secondary thermometer?

Have you had successful hatches in the past?
Hi thank you for your reply I was thinking to leave it because it is on the 24th day and grey francolin eggs usually come out on 25th so should I leave them I will be uploading a pic in a little while.

Hi thank you for your reply I was thinking to leave it because it is on the 24th day and grey francolin eggs usually come out on 25th so should I leave them I will be uploading a pic in a little while.
It's a time bomb, it needs to be removed as soon as you can or it could kill the rest of your eggs if it explodes.

Get the one w the bubbles out of the incubator as soon as you possibly can!

If another chick hatches and bumps into it, it is likely to be a huge problem.
....and it could become a huge problem on its own at any time, if it’s leaking black bubbles.

When I mentioned before that eggs like that “explode”, it isn’t like they go off like a bomb.... it’s more like a slow volcano of horrible, stinky, bacteria laden goo and it will put anything else in your incubator at high risk of many health problems and, unfortunately, would likely kill anything else that would otherwise hatch and thrive

Also. Again. Use a rag, or a paper towel, and wrap it as you gently pick it up. Just in case it starts to “pop” when you move it.

You do not want that yuck in your incubator!

Back
Top Bottom