Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the punkster: . . . well I am probably going to get buckeye bantams and breed them instead of the LF (so I can breed more birds in general)

You're not abandoning LF Buckeyes forever, are you buddy? When you get out on your own & have a farm, you're gonna get LF again aren't you?

Laura's got some nice Bantams. I saw a trio she acquired from Duane Urch, and she had others from various sources.​

Quote:
I'd be interested in seeing some pictures, if you have them, of the cross.

smile.png

Quote:
You're not abandoning LF Buckeyes forever, are you buddy? When you get out on your own & have a farm, you're gonna get LF again aren't you?

Laura's got some nice Bantams. I saw a trio she acquired from Duane Urch, and she had others from various sources.

I'm sure I will come back to them
wink.png
. I will get them from Urch

I have noticed some people selling buckeyes have strains with combs other than pea combs. Is there a rose comb genetic in the buckeye breed or should I stay away from these breeders? Most of them seem to have lines from names I have seen on this thread but I want to make sure I am getting Buckeyes. Based on the pictures this is the only difference I see in their birds.

Last edited:
j.luetkemeyer :

I have noticed some people selling buckeyes have strains with combs other than pea combs. Is there a rose comb genetic in the buckeye breed or should I stay away from these breeders? Most of them seem to have lines from names I have seen on this thread but I want to make sure I am getting Buckeyes. Based on the pictures this is the only difference I see in their birds.

What do you mean? they may be RIR?​

Does anyone know if Welp Hatcherys Buckeyes are anything close to show quality? And what strain are they?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom