Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Chris,
droolin.gif

Sincerely,
Jen

Chris good looking barns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now its your turn Jen to show a picture of your new barn.

My two rooster have just a few black feathers in there hackles. Is this a fault?

Jen are you going to Fay. in November?

Unfortunately, my new barn is still sitting there looking like it did several months ago. Between the heat and the need to get the north fence up for the sheep, my barn has taken a back seat. Soon, though, very soon. At this point I do plan on being in Fayetteville. Seriouly, Chris I do love those barns. While we have a couple of older small barns (sheds with lean-tos) they have been claimed for machinery, sheep etc

ETA> PS, Black in the hackles is not good, but I don't know how seriously it counts against them..

Last edited:
NPIP certified PT free!
ya.gif

The Missouri Dept of Ag Poultry person came to visit us for the NPIP testing. All 30 birds were blood tested. They also requested that we participate in the avian flu testing, which I agreed to. Each bird was swabbed inside the mouth/throat with q-tip type swab, and each swab independently sealed in a tube.

They were not interested in the birds' band numbers, which I thought would be a requirement at testing. However, I asked, and the ag person told me if pullorum/typhoid or avian flu were present in any of the birds, the entire flock would be destroyed.

As each bird was tested, however, they were "held" for 2-3 min to obtain test results for P/T. The Avian Flu results were not immediately available.

I thought it interesting that Missouri tested each bird, whereas someone else recently reported 5/30 birds tested.

Janet Hatch
NW MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom