Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a pic of our almost finished breeder pen DH has been working on. One-half cattle panel hoop house with attached run. The hoop will be covered with a tarp for the "house" and back end a piece of plywood with nest box -- 4' x 10'. We intend to have 4-5 of these for next years' breeding.

52136_breeder_pen_4-23-2011.jpg

Janet Hatch
J Squared Farms
NW MO

NPIP 43-727

Hello everyone. My name is Lucy and I will soon have my first chicks (my first ever birds of any kind)- 6 Buckeyes:D. I am picking them up from a small farm in Claremont, NH. The woman who took my "order" seemed very sincere and careful about who was taking her chicks, so I hope that bodes well for the quality of bird I'm getting. Honestly I can't say I know enough to determine what makes a quality chicken....but I suppose I'm about to start learning. I just hope they're healthy and fairly docile (in that order) and that we get an egg or two from them. I love them already; I'm in the gushing, excited stage here, folks.

Anyway, I'm reading this thread with interest and I hope everyone is having a nice spring and happy, healthy hatching (where that applies).

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
They are judged to the Standard of perfection, the standard for breeds accepted by the American Poultry Association.
Quote:
You will love them!

Well, I seem to be at the end of my waiting list for chicks, and it’s time to wind down the hatching.

I still have a couple batches due to come off, if anyone wants chicks, send me an email and I’ll check your zip code to ensure I can ship to you.

Have shipped about 325 this year (less than last year, but I started later.) Not bad, but I was hoping to spread them out even more across the US. A Buckeye flock in every state, that’s my goal!

lol.png

Cheers,

Laura

p.s. Dave, give me a call later this week about doing a chick swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom