Buckeye Clipper Incubator....Pictures added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Oct 18, 2008.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

OMG Katy! That is huge! I bet you can't hide that one in the basement. [​IMG]

What a great find! Even not working, congratulations!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nope...that one I can't hide in the basement!! [​IMG] Hubby and our friend had to use the feeder tractor and loader to get it off the trailer and into the barn.

3. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Oh my! Better find a place for it, and make it a permanent place. Did your husband do this [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

He more than rolled his eyes! [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Oh Katy, That thing would find it's way into my house [​IMG]

I could hide incubators and chicks in there for sure [​IMG]

Looks like the old ice boxes or pie safes even. I hope you get some info on what to do with it. Maybe even e-mail the buckeye company with pics, surely someone somewhere will know how to get it up and running.

LOL with DH rolling his eyes, we've married long enough that doesn't fade us huh? [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I'd love to have in here. It weighs a "ton" tho and I don't know how we'd get it in here!!

So far I've found a place that sells some parts for Buckeye Incubators, but I haven't found out if Buckeye is still in business. I guess I'll email the place that had some parts and see what they can tell me.

Yep, we've both been married long enough they should know rolling their eyes isn't going to stop us!!

7. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Quote:I have. But it's only through antique signs for incubators on ebay. Sometimes they're there.

You're lucky. I'd kill for an antique bator. I have a thing for actually using antiques, so I'd be all over getting it working again.

Keep looking on ebay, you may find signs, I think I once saw a manual for one.

Yes, I've had the chicken want it's, for quite a while. Can you tell?

Good luck. (totally jealous) Chere

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Boy that things neat looking! Hope you find your parts.

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that would make a gorgeous pantry!

10. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Can you open the doors and get pictures of the interior? Are there external electrical boxes? If not, where does it look like power cord entered?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by