Buckeye Clipper Incubator....Pictures added

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
My friend a couple of years ago was cleaning out an old shed on his farm and called me to see if I wanted this old wood incubator. I was picturing something a wee bit smaller and then he showed up with this beautiful incubator that's about 4' wide X 6' tall and probably 5' feet deep. It's a Buckeye Clipper. The shelves are still in it, but the "workings" of it are long gone. Does anyone know anything about this incubator? I'd love to have it in the house to use as storage, but it weighs a lot and I know the hubby wouldn't be thrilled about having to move it. It's been sitting in our barn since he brought it over and I let my husband store his replacement baler belts in it and I keep cat food in it!

Last edited:
Did you google the brand Katy? Seems someone here or the other BYC had a Buckeye but I'm tooooo old and tuff to remember who
wink.png
maybe I should change my nic to sweet old hen
big_smile.png

Maybe I saw the name on ebay in the incubators for sale, hmmmmmm.....

I did google it and I will admit I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it yet, but the only thing I saw so far was someone had a 1907 one for sale, but it wouldn't let me go to the page that said anything about it. I thought maybe some one here had one. I wish all the workings were still there.....not that I need to be hatching that many chicks!!
smile.png

I know you're not that old.....or tuff!
smile.png
Sweet old hen would suit you well.

Post a picture. Does it have racks to turn the eggs? I aquired one in 1962, and sounds like it was about he same size. Mine had two sets of trays that were mounted to enable manual 45 degree turning. It was the first thing I ever set up to automatically turn the eggs. It should be set up with openings for two fans and two heater coils

It doesn't have racks....just shelves. It may have had racks at some point in the past. I'll go see if I can get some decent pictures of it. It's in the barn where there's better light in the am so pictures might have to wait.

I googled it again last night and spent quite a bit of time looking. About the only thing I found out was that the Buckeye Incubator Company was in Springfield Ohio.

I've had a couple of Buckeyes over the years, and the later models had a steel framwork that held the egg trays so they could be turned 45degrees as a unit. Yours sounds like a hatcher. I can tell you more once I see the pictures. In any event getting it up and running is no big deal.

Just noted that you are in Kansas. I'm heading for the Miami/Johnson county line where I was born west of Spring Hill soon. Is that anywhere close to you?

Last edited:
Ok..here are some pictures of it. I couldn't get a straight on shot of it because one of our grain trucks is parked in front of it about three feet away. In the second picture someone has patched a hole with tin can lids where they removed something.
3b508201.jpg
b548b10e.jpg
f54350e8.jpg
ce9b69b4.jpg
c5a0619e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom