Buddy Got Put down Today

dieselgrl48

Songster
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Virginia
Well after a couple of month's of trying to pen "Buddy" and trying to work with him sadly he got put down today.I had tried to place him in another home.He had just gotten worse over the last couple of week's with the flogging.He got let loose of his pen after days of solitude and did good for a couple of days of me going to feed in the area.Last 2 day's he ran a muck went up my back today,He has flown in my head a few time's prior, flogged my leg's good.But He went for grandson's face AGAIN today afternoon
smack.gif
.I dunno why he got like that he was always a good baby roo.
barnie.gif
.Poor Buddy.I hope grandson will be able to get over the trauma We have so many good young birds and the rest seem really tame as far as petting or just being in the barnyard.Buddy's twin Maximus is awesome and baby have issue's with him now for sure.I guess it will pass hopefully.I feel a lil sad but ...Not goin to cry a river over a bird that trie's to take your head or eye's out.

It's unfortunate but sometimes has to be done. You have to think of the little kids. Or you would have to lock the bird up all the time, not much of a life. I'm sorry.
hugs.gif
Your grandson didn't get hurt too bad did he?

If I have a mean roo, he gets put down, right away. For one thing, I don't want his genes to be propagated into the flock.

You did the right think.

There are lots of goos roos out there.

Catherine

Well Im over it.DH asked me yesterday "DID Ya Get Flogged Today". Baaaaa No lol.Poor Buddy:/.Beyond me How some people raise the BIG gamefowl. NO THANK"S.Maximus is still being Super cool yet and he come's to porch every morn at daylight and basicaly follow's me from coop to coop.YEAAAAAA He has moved in with the 2 girl's too today since POO POO Buddy is out.So has his brother.The hen's should be laying and We have actualy gotten some egg's last week but not sure if silkie OE or sumatra.Going to put them in bator tomm. anyway .We just been free ranging till they started laying so...I will try to get a pic of Maximus tomm.Suposed to be 90 Sunny and Hot here!

I absolutely won't tolerate a flogging rooster if he goes after one of my kids. His first time will be his last time. Roosters are too easy to come by to put up with a dangerous one. When they attack small children they ARE dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom