Buddy List Changes Email??????

Randy

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
AR
Did BYC send out this email??? Just seems kind of odd.

Hi Randy,

This is Nifty-Chicken from BYC with a quick note to let you know that we'll be making some big changes to our forum soon which will impact the Buddy List system.

Part of the change means that unfortunately we won't be able to keep the buddy list information. Since you are, or were using the BYC Buddy list feature I thought I'd let you know so you can backup your info if you want to.

You can access your buddy list by visiting the forum, clicking the Profile link at the top of the page, and then clicking Buddy list on the left menu.

(removed possibly bogus link)

If you have a list of names or notes for your BYC buddies, we encourage you to copy and paste the info into a document onto your computer to keep.

We'll be making this change around January 10th, so please make sure you backup all your stuff before that.

We're sorry to have to loose the buddy list feature, but doing so is part of a much bigger and exciting change that we will be announcing soon!

Best Regards,

Rob

I didn't know we had a buddy system
lol.png

Quote:
Maybe because there are a lot of scammers sending out bogus links which can do harm to one's computer system or steal information from your system? Usually it's bank stuff made to look legit, but one can't really be too careful in these matters!

Well I got kind of another odd email that came from a byc member and it originated through BYC a couple of days ago. I looked at thier profile and they had just signed up that day and had zero post. Then I got this one today and I thought I would check the annoucement board here to see if there was an official announcement about it and when I didn't see one I became suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom