1. [​IMG]
    Hey guys. I really want to get budgies so I made this thread so we can talk about them and so you guys could teach me a bit on them. I know a lot on them but you can never know too much about them. I am saving up and will hopefully have them by Christmas!

My only rule is to Have Fun! ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Im in the same position! I want them by christmas! I was wondering how to keep them warm during the winter....i was thibking the brinsea ecoglow? Or is that just crazy?! Haha trying to think up ideas so i dont have to turn my heat up

3. [​IMG]. I was wondering on that too because our house is always kept at 60F. But I did some research on ways you can keep them warm and I found out that a Happy Hut works well to keep them warm. It is like a hammock that works like some sort of blanket. I am working on one right now and I made one earlier. I made my own pattern. I will post a pic. ;). These are really warm, they just warm up with me holding them so with a budgie they will be plenty warm. Just when they get cold they just climb in! If your feeling crafty I can send you the pattern.

4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. It hooks to the cage but I don't have a cage so a pencil will work. Like my bird? XD

6. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Haha id love the patteurn! Im looking to make this cage for parakeets if i get them. [​IMG] its made of old windows!

7. Awesome! I will work on the pattern tomorrow if that's okay.

8. Garjzla

Garjzla Overrun With Chickens

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Hello, I have two budgies, Mika and Bogi. They both LOOOVE each other and I love to chat about them!

9. Garjzla

Garjzla Overrun With Chickens

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Beautiful little man, I must say :p

10. Yay! Hey you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by