Buff Barred Cochin Thread

Hello all,

So I raised this boy and fell in love. His daddy was a light lemon cuckoo and his mother was either a white or gold lace, any thoughts? I just got in chicks and was going to put him with buff hens when they come of age (he's got a couple barred cochin x buff brahma hens to keep him company this year while the chicks grow) is that the right way to go with the lemon cuckoo breeding? Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome. The photos are from last summer in his teenage stage and it was a bit windy that day.
Amethyst

Here's some of my best buff barred hatched from Robin (from Lynn) and his two hens last summer. Coloring/barring is nice. Type is good on some (one cockerel looks kind of rangy - not very good type, but nice barring).

Pardon the cage. Only place I could put them that they would stay still enough to get pics. :)

Last edited:
Here's some of my best buff barred hatched from Robin (from Lynn) and his two hens last summer. Coloring/barring is nice. Type is good on some (one cockerel looks kind of rangy - not very good type, but nice barring).

Pardon the cage. Only place I could put them that they would stay still enough to get pics.
smile.png

That one boy on the left in the first pic is really nice. I like the even barring on all of them though.

That one boy on the left in the first pic is really nice. I like the even barring on all of them though.

Thanks. He's definitely the nicest one, but they're all interesting. Got some girls with much lighter barring that I'll be watching to see how they shape up. These have the best buff barring.

That is wonderful that you got the barring on the girls!
Mine are so light as to not look barred unless I look closely. But I barely have any F1s right now. this year I will be working on it much more. I now have 6 pens set up for breeding them so I can have enough blood diversity to keep my flocks closed.

Both of the hens I got from Lynne were barred, and bred to Sparky (I miss them so...) I got some gorgeous offspring. These pullets are out of their daughters bred to Porky (the frizzles) or the double barred cock I got from Aaron, bred by Steve Wheat (the 2 smooth pullets). I'll be putting the frizzle girls with Sammy and Woody, who are out of Sparky and his ladies too.

Back
Top Bottom