Buff Barred

buff roo over barred hens would give you a black sex-link. But it's hard to determine because there is so many possibilities that can make up the "buff" phenotype.

I think you could do it either way. Buff roo over barred will give you sex links, but you could use the roos to cross back to buff hens, as they will be barred. It would likely take a few generations to get rid of the black and get a solid buff bird. Keep crossing the barred offspring to pure buff birds.

I'm just speculating, but that's how I'd go about it. I know buff genetics can be a little tricky.

There are some buff barred cochins out there, and I think Greenfire has orps coming around soon. What are you looking to "make?"

It all debends on what the make up of the buff is. But you could do it in a few generations. I messed around with it on the chicken calculator and was able to get it from what was described above. but that was with the default buff genotype.

Quote:
I'd love some buff barred cochin bantams like Steve Wheat has. If he gets back up to speed on them I'll probably think about getting some from him. I have blue mottled/black mottled now. Karen
Thanks for the replies

I'm also interested in this. I'd love to create a buff barred blue egg layer. Or now that I think of it, buff (or wheaten) barring over blue would be gorgeous too!

I am working on this in standard Cochins since I do not have any in bantams.
I have a barred roo over my buff hen but also he is in with a blue hen. It is just for fun and I will set eggs when they lay in the spring.

I REALLY want bantam buff barred Cochins!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom