Buff Brahma Bantam Gender??? Are they even Bantams?

He was that size when I got him. The lady sold him that size. I'm not good with chicken ages.
hide.gif
I need to read more chicken books lol He turned out to be the sweetest Rooster I've ever had! He lets me pick him up and carry him around and he runs to me when I say his name. He supposed to be a hen too. He's the tan one in my Avatar.

Last edited:
He looks to be the same size as mine is now. I guess I will have to keep my fingers crossed. Your Rooster is beautiful. I wish that I could keep this one no matter what. I cannot imagine that it could become "mean" even if it is a Roo. Unfortunately I live in a neighborhood (with amazing neighbors who think my chickens are neat), but also in a village that does not allow chickens. I definitely cannot press my luck.

Yeah I was supposed to have all HENS and ended up with 4 ROOSTERS. I picked him up a lot when he was young to make sure he was use to it. I picked up all my chickens when they were young the Silkies are still a little funny about it though.

Last edited:
You could always caponize "him" and keep "him" as a pet if Cricket decides to change genders! On post #13, the dark chick on the far right, if SLW, is showing a lot of the same facial characteristics I am seeing in my 5 1/2 week old BLRW presumptively roosters....
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom