Buff Brahma X Buff Orpington - Unique chick!

@MysteryChicken

Also, I nearly forgot. The woman who adopted Helios (Freya's father) sent me a picture of him: View attachment 3033105
Not the best picture, but it is all I have, and sadly, he died before the picture was sent.
He's not pure Brahma, not enough black in the hackles, & his skin is white.

Shouldn't really matter much, with the coloration of the parents, both are Buff so all Buff chicks should be produced.

Yes! I actually chicken napped her, and one of her daughters for pictures, a few minutes ago.

Her are her recent pictures: View attachment 3033095View attachment 3033096View attachment 3033098View attachment 3033099

So, after Helios, we ended up with a barred cochin rooster, and from him we got two hens that have Freya's body shape, smaller size and some gold tint to their neck and head. Here is the one I was able to get pictures of:

View attachment 3033100
View attachment 3033101View attachment 3033102
She looks nice. Same with Barred one. She looks similar to a project Orpington I have, but darker, different breast pattern.

He's not pure Brahma, not enough black in the hackles, & his skin is white.

Shouldn't really matter much, with the coloration of the parents, both are Buff so all Buff chicks should be produced.
Back to being clueless then XD I never thought Freya was going to be such a mystery.

Not very surprised about Helios, we got him from a local breeder who promised us one rooster and five hens, and gave us four roosters and two hens.

Back to being clueless then XD I never thought Freya was going to be such a mystery.

Not very surprised about Helios, we got him from a local breeder who promised us one rooster and five hens, and gave us four roosters and two hens.
They don't sound very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom