Buff Cochin Roo

22ChickenNuggets

Songster
Mar 11, 2021
Hello, Inhave a Buff Cochin Roo that I possibly need to rehome. He is a nice looking dude.
He just needs ladies that are around the same size, all my girls are going to be to small for him. He’ll be 18 weeks on Tuesday. I just don’t want to take the chance he’ll hurt my girls. (Red and black sex links, Easter Eggers, and polish) I live in Florence Wi. You can send me a private DM. Picture below is of him a little younger than now.
112CCF63-29F9-433A-93F6-252692E0B2CC.jpeg
2E15C729-EDFC-4D22-AAA7-9E9E2F9D1BE1.jpeg
2B2C512E-8833-4EF2-A90D-281E747DB9FB.jpeg

Before you make the decision to rehome, have you actually weighed him? Cochins have the appearance of being large, but it’s because of all their fluffy feathers - kinda like when you have a scraggly fluffy dog but when you shave it it’s super small. I don’t think he will hurt your hens at all unless they are bantams. This is just my opinion!

Before you make the decision to rehome, have you actually weighed him? Cochins have the appearance of being large, but it’s because of all their fluffy feathers - kinda like when you have a scraggly fluffy dog but when you shave it it’s super small. I don’t think he will hurt your hens at all unless they are bantams. This is just my opinion!
I was told he’ll get 11lbs, he’s still young so I haven’t weighed him yet. He really hates me picking him up. Lol my polish are only 4lbs. And my EE’s will probably be 4-5lbs. I really don’t want to rehome, but he’s pretty rough with my polish girls.

I was told he’ll get 11lbs, he’s still young so I haven’t weighed him yet. He really hates me picking him up. Lol my polish are only 4lbs. And my EE’s will probably be 4-5lbs. I really don’t want to rehome, but he’s pretty rough with my polish girls.
Wow! So would they be considered a giant Cochin? I have a friend who claims to have this breed, but I’ve never seen them although she did offer me giant Cochin fertile hatching eggs. Hhhmmm….

Wow! So would they be considered a giant Cochin? I have a friend who claims to have this breed, but I’ve never seen them although she did offer me giant Cochin fertile hatching eggs. Hhhmmm….
I’m assuming he’s a standard Cochin, he was the surprise chick from Mcmurry. Who I originally thought was female. Well… he started crowing a few days ago..

Back
Top Bottom