Buff Cuckoo Orpingtons

What is the dark roo in background of pic #2? I would love to see closer pics of him. Looks mottled.

The darker bird in pic 2 is a Jubilee wannabe with poor type. He does look in the pic, like a mottled, not sure why, it was a dismal day. If you look close you can see brown. He is rather darker than desired in some places but the brown is colour is a deep rich chestnut if one sees him in real life. I was embarrassed he was in the pic. He's got terrible type.

So did you take a Cuckoo Roo with a Buff Orp Gal

That would work for the first step, though I actually took a slightly more complicated route, because of availability.
tongue.png

A lot of people like the loose fluffy feathers in Orps but this is not correct according to standard. From British Poultry Standard...."Plumage: Fairly profuse but close, not soft, loose & fluffy as in the Cochin, or close & hard as in the Game Fowl."

Last edited:
They are beautiful... I have a bunch of chicks in the brooder right now and a couple are buff orp hen with cuckoo maran roo... should be interesting to see what I get.

Quote:
The darker bird in pic 2 is a Jubilee wannabe with poor type. He does look in the pic, like a mottled, not sure why, it was a dismal day. If you look close you can see brown. He is rather darker than desired in some places but the brown is colour is a deep rich chestnut if one sees him in real life. I was embarrassed he was in the pic. He's got terrible type.

I wouldnt be embarrassed and I love the color. Now that I look closley I see he is not black. I wanted to add that I love the typey birds and am glad people are breeding to UK standards. Glad you are working on colors that are new in the US too.

Back
Top Bottom