Buff Dewlap Toulouse Thread

Pics
A soft split may help brace/aid in walking. SAMS splits for humans comes to mind. uumm at home building one .............Craft foam trimmed to length as to not rub the hip joint raw and held together with koban and or duct tape. It would require joint cuts (front and back for knee bending). The wing is a concern as some damage can become so great it wont heal and could become a spot for infection. A bumper so to speak on the joint would be helpful. Wrapping it would take some trial and error as to not wrap too loose or tight. There is a definite touch to be learned when wrapping an animal, practice is the only way to get better at it.

aqua therapy is a needed thing for leg injuries. The longer the limb goes unused the less likely a good recovery is. That's why massage and aqua therapy are used to keep the muscle from atrophy from lack of use.

A soft split may help brace/aid in walking. SAMS splits for humans comes to mind. uumm at home building one .............Craft foam trimmed to length as to not rub the hip joint raw and held together with koban and or duct tape. It would require joint cuts (front and back for knee bending). The wing is a concern as some damage can become so great it wont heal and could become a spot for infection. A bumper so to speak on the joint would be helpful. Wrapping it would take some trial and error as to not wrap too loose or tight. There is a definite touch to be learned when wrapping an animal, practice is the only way to get better at it.

aqua therapy is a needed thing for leg injuries. The longer the limb goes unused the less likely a good recovery is. That's why massage and aqua therapy are used to keep the muscle from atrophy from lack of use.
Good info I hope Marty see it.
fl.gif

Thanks Lydia.............. hopefully Baby will fully recover. Having a large animal with a leg injury is a full time job to help them recover as fully as possible.

Had my Aunt and Uncle visit recently (he is a Veterinarian and who got me into being a Vet Tech) and i got to pick his brain again on some things for the goats. I use to spend every summer with them and do farm calls and office hours too as well as surgery. Was fun to go over my med cabinet and what he thought I should add in. We keep a full minor surgery kit as well as IV gear on hand. Ringers, suture sets and every known wrap and sterile gauze too. Comes in handy having a husband who is medical corp military because things just come naturally and are common sense to us both for medical care.

Paula, sorry he is having those sleepless nights again. How are you doing? (I know how their aches and pains and sleepless nights can lead to our sleepless nights)
yes sleepless is sometimes just the way it is
Thanks Lydia.............. hopefully Baby will fully recover. Having a large animal with a leg injury is a full time job to help them recover as fully as possible.

Had my Aunt and Uncle visit recently (he is a Veterinarian and who got me into being a Vet Tech) and i got to pick his brain again on some things for the goats. I use to spend every summer with them and do farm calls and office hours too as well as surgery. Was fun to go over my med cabinet and what he thought I should add in. We keep a full minor surgery kit as well as IV gear on hand. Ringers, suture sets and every known wrap and sterile gauze too. Comes in handy having a husband who is medical corp military because things just come naturally and are common sense to us both for medical care.
wish I had 1/2 that knowledge :)

Marty lost Lucky the duck... Baby is still with her but not walking yet.

love Winston and the calls
love.gif
I had a brain lapse there. I thought Baby was Miss Lydia's Goose! Duh.

I haven't had the proper amount of coffee today. Time to increase the dosage
caf.gif

It was SO cold today. I need somewhere to complain. -41.8 this morning. That's Fahrenheit. I'll take your weather right about now Celtic.

Sorry to hear Lucky has passed :(

Back
Top Bottom