Buff Dewlap Toulouse Thread

Pics
Thanks, cant for the second one to be done and add it in as well.250 goose eggs per bator, will be nice to incubate in one and hatch in the other. It leaves our redwood pair for the muscovy only and the dickey for all other duck and all chicken. Nice to run everything in its own cabinet and adujusting the temp/humidity for those eggs needs not just a happy middle ground.

Just in time too, our new 3 yr old top show quality dewlap pair arrive soon
love.gif

silly geese! glad they wear down coats.

Yep a humidity pan, only use it if we are hatching in that bator, otherwise it sits empty 24/7
After lunch, I went back outside to check on everyone (and because I remembered I had some eggs due in one of the 'bators), and as soon as I opened the door to my building the ducks came rushing inside...so I went ahead and herded Trouble and his two ladies inside...they rushed to their big stall and started munching and digging through the peanut hay. Goofy things! The other geese, and BO ducks stayed outside during most of the blizzard, but then I felt bad for them, so I made them all go inside.

I found out yesterday that my goose house leaks! It had a thin layer of snow over all the fresh bedding....grrr! I put down a bale of alfalfa, and then locked everyone up. They really enjoyed having alfalfa hay, FF, and warm water for supper. Mmmm

Two goose eggs this morning, that I could see anyway. I know they probably buried some in the hay.
Thanks, cant for the second one to be done and add it in as well.250 goose eggs per bator, will be nice to incubate in one and hatch in the other. It leaves our redwood pair for the muscovy only and the dickey for all other duck and all chicken. Nice to run everything in its own cabinet and adujusting the temp/humidity for those eggs needs not just a happy middle ground.

Just in time too, our new 3 yr old top show quality dewlap pair arrive soon
love.gif
Be sure to post pictures of your new Dewlaps, Shellie! I'm dying to see..and I know you must be, too. ; )

~ Aspen

After lunch, I went back outside to check on everyone (and because I remembered I had some eggs due in one of the 'bators), and as soon as I opened the door to my building the ducks came rushing inside...so I went ahead and herded Trouble and his two ladies inside...they rushed to their big stall and started munching and digging through the peanut hay. Goofy things! The other geese, and BO ducks stayed outside during most of the blizzard, but then I felt bad for them, so I made them all go inside.

I found out yesterday that my goose house leaks! It had a thin layer of snow over all the fresh bedding....grrr! I put down a bale of alfalfa, and then locked everyone up. They really enjoyed having alfalfa hay, FF, and warm water for supper. Mmmm

Two goose eggs this morning, that I could see anyway. I know they probably buried some in the hay.
Be sure to post pictures of your new Dewlaps, Shellie! I'm dying to see..and I know you must be, too. ; )

~ Aspen
x2

I had to dig a goose egg out of the mud today.
sickbyc.gif
It was completely buried. Had to wash it. One goose is very tidy about her eggs, and another seems to prefer mud to hay. I'm not sure if I'm getting a third or not, I only found 3 that one day, so I'm wondering if I just found an older one that day too.

I had to dig a goose egg out of the mud today.
sickbyc.gif
It was completely buried. Had to wash it. One goose is very tidy about her eggs, and another seems to prefer mud to hay. I'm not sure if I'm getting a third or not, I only found 3 that one day, so I'm wondering if I just found an older one that day too.
I have a goose egg in the bator now that was recovered from the mouth of an egg-stealing LGD this morning at work.

Back
Top Bottom