Buff/light Brahmas, buff/SL Orpingtons?

rumbleBee_STi

Songster
Jun 10, 2020
Sylva, North Carolina
I need some help with these little cuties. On 8/5 My husband made a trip to TSC one evening to get some supplies. While there he called me & said that they had Light Brahmas, & if I wanted some. Of course, I said yes. Then he called back and said that they also had English Orpies, but only had Silver Laced. Fast forward time a bit, he comes home with 10 babies all together. 6 light Brahmas & 4 silver laced Orpies. As they are starting to feather out, I’m beginning to notice that neither breed appear to be the colors that we had bought. The Brahmas feathers are looking pretty Buff, color wise, & the same goes for the Orpingtons.

Can anyone help verify what color these cuties are? I’m pretty bummed out about the Brahmas, I’ve been wanting light Brahmas forever now. I’m still keeping them no matter the outcome, I already have 2 buff Brahma hens that I absolutely adore. Same with the Orpies, regardless of color, I’ve still been wanting this breed.

I tried my best with photos. They are very zippy & love doing zoomies. It’s also nighttime here & our lights are very warm in color. The Brahmas are the ones with the black on feathers
E4D55F21-545B-4983-92D5-05B04EC2EA52.jpeg
7E44EF63-B79B-4642-9399-C3994B14DF8B.jpeg
6B949A66-95DB-40D8-ADA3-6739E9C2DDBA.jpeg

It’s a little hard for me to tell at this age (I’m also not great with colors) but I’ll try.

I think the Orpingtons are buff, I’m not exactly sure about the Brahmas.

I’ve never bought chicks from TSC, although I’ve heard they often mix up colors and breeds.

It’s a little hard for me to tell at this age (I’m also not great with colors) but I’ll try.

I think the Orpingtons are buff, I’m not exactly sure about the Brahmas.

I’ve never bought chicks from TSC, although I’ve heard they often mix up colors and breeds.
As they have feathered out more now, they are definitely buff. Both breeds. 🤣😭 Our first time buying from TSC, too.

It looks like both are buff. I breed silver laced orps and they would be showing the dark on the feathers. I would be mad, since English orps are more expensive than buff orps.
Funny thing about that, my husband got the receipt out to see how much we paid for all 10 chicks. Our receipt only showed “4 premium pullets $5.99”. Apparently they only charged us for the 4 Orpies, even though the Brahmas & Orps were separated out into 2 different boxes at checkout. We contacted TSC about the mix up, & they said they would refund for the 4 chicks that we were charged for, & that “someone” must’ve mixed up the breeds from the hatchery. Hatcheries send chicks out to stores & people everyday…but, yeah… sure. They blame the hatchery. Lol. Smh. Free chicks!

Back
Top Bottom