Buff Orp. or Easter Eggr? 4-6 months, hen or roo (PLEASE say hen)??

Quote:
You CANNOT be serious.
lau.gif

Hello,I don't have any chickens.How do you expect me to be an expert?Yes,I am serious.

Well then maybe you should get some so you can learn something about them first hand.

Quote:
At the top of page four of this thread, someone posted a picture of their RSL hen, closer to the bottom, I posted a picture of my red/buff and white EEs that have coloring rather like a RSL. RSLs have yellow legs, no muffs, and a straight comb. EEs usually have green or slate legs, muffs, and a pea comb as the ones in my picture do. Now, EEs don't always have those characteristics, but a RSL will never have muffs, pea comb, or green legs like the one in the picture posted originally in this thread. That bird is definitely an EE and looks to be a cockeral.

After looking at my own pics, and the pics posted here by others. I, as well as my hubby ARE FULLY CONVINCED that she = he, and that he's an EE.

It's been a tough weekend for us, lol. But now that hubby's convinced that it's a roo. It's off to the (free) auction block.
roll.png

Anyone wanna roo?

Quote:
Hello,I don't have any chickens.How do you expect me to be an expert?Yes,I am serious.

Well then maybe you should get some so you can learn something about them first hand.

My crazy dad's making me do 4-H first.He said,"In the spring."He should hope the groundhog does not say early spring next year.....
lol.png

just to add a little education in case she didn't know....
EE's are hybrid birds to begin with... so possably an EE with RSL colorings had an EE or arcauna or americauna parent and a rsl ???
EE's come in ssoo many colors....
here's my EE roo
42437_blue_2_10-5-09.jpg

and as a side note, this was sold to me from the feed store as an arcauna... arcaunas do not have muffs or beards but sometimes have tufts.. this guy has muffs and a tiny beard, and no tufts... but i like him anyway...

side note to the OP... this guy was born early may, so he's 5months ish.... if that helps for age comparison.... but he's a fairly large bird...

Back
Top Bottom