Buff Orpington/Buff B rahma Cross

mdumoulin7

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2018
Hello,

I was wondering what would be the result of a cross between my buff orpington hens and my buff brahma roo. I was thinking that this cross would be a good idea for egg laying and for meat. If anyone has this cross and would share some insight with me that would be great!

Hello,

I was wondering what would be the result of a cross between my buff orpington hens and my buff brahma roo. I was thinking that this cross would be a good idea for egg laying and for meat. If anyone has this cross and would share some insight with me that would be great!

The F1 of such cross will likely be a Black/Blue/White tail buff (if the self buff is carrying a eumelanin diluter as many lines do).

Self buff carries the same columbian restrictor than the Buff Columbian, but with many more added to them(Di, Mahogany) the F1 cross will be homozygous for the Columbian restrictor Co/Co, but will be heterozygous for the other restrictors making the bird nearly entirely self buff, but their tail will show Black tails(or Blue/Splash or white as it has been proven by many breeders over time).

for reference google black tail buff

The F1 of such cross will likely be a Black/Blue/White tail buff (if the self buff is carrying a eumelanin diluter as many lines do).

Self buff carries the same columbian restrictor than the Buff Columbian, but with many more added to them(Di, Mahogany) the F1 cross will be homozygous for the Columbian restrictor Co/Co, but will be heterozygous for the other restrictors making the bird nearly entirely self buff, but their tail will show Black tails(or Blue/Splash or white as it has been proven by many breeders over time).

for reference google black tail buff
Thank you very much ill dive into more research now!

Thank you very much ill dive into more research now!
You will find that the F1s will be much darker than both parents because Self Buff birds carry the powerful red enhancer Mahogany(it was actually first extracted and documented from self buff phenotype), I got a Black Tailed red rooster from my Buff Cochin experiments years ago

You will find that the F1s will be much darker than both parents because Self Buff birds carry the powerful red enhancer Mahogany(it was actually first extracted and documented from self buff phenotype), I got a Black Tailed red rooster from my Buff Cochin experiments years ago
Oh wow that sounds so cool, I am excited to see what comes of this!

Back
Top Bottom