Buff Orpington - from 4 to 10 weeks old

Where are you located? I think there are FB groups for local chicken keepers / raisers, etc. I signed up for the LA one - which, side note: is pretty lame :(. Maybe there's one for where you live and someone will want him?
Sadly, there is an Orleans Parish ordinance against keeping roosters, so basically I would have to recruit like 10 neighbors into a conspiracy!

I did find a local bird rescue - I am going to contact them for ideas.

There isn't even a 1% chance this is a hen right? maybe was just older than advertised? No, I know... just hopin'

Those can come at any time. See if you can keep him with the neighbors, offer them eggs or something.
Half of the last post was actually a reply to you, re: neighbors. Plus, when I was planning on getting the hens, one of the neighbors overheard me talking about it and then later came to talk to me saying she was down with chickens, just making sure I wasn't getting any roosters - I mean, her window is like 30 feet from my coop!

Half of the last post was actually a reply to you, re: neighbors. Plus, when I was planning on getting the hens, one of the neighbors overheard me talking about it and then later came to talk to me saying she was down with chickens, just making sure I wasn't getting any roosters - I mean, her window is like 30 feet from my coop!
Any luck? I just noticed there's a forum on this site? Post it there!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing.16182/

Back
Top Bottom