Buff Orpington haters and lovers WAR!!!

Will you fight for buff orp love

• Total voters
I think what colt was saying is she is light as in not to "perfered" color for buff orp, not that she is not a buff orp. I personally like them lighter, just like yours
Mhmm. Looks less like poop that way. lol
Oh I mean the one on the left, bred to the American Standard. I do not like the British clean legged Cochins.
APA SQ ones look nice. But I do prefer my English. :)

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.
Y’all are causing William Cook to roll in his grave, liking other colors that he didn’t create and giving them the Orpington name even though they’re way too fluffy and susceptible to heat stress and infertility meanwhile, the gorgeous, productive buff Orpingtons he made to perfect the beautiful buff coloring are despised.

View attachment 3212543
Do you mean that Cook liked the lighter ones or liked the darker ones. So cook liked "hatchery" orps too huh?

I know you guys hate them but how could you guys hate this face? Susie isn't ugly!
20220803_115643.jpg
20220804_145411.jpg
20220804_145457.jpg

Do you mean that Cook liked the lighter ones or liked the darker ones. So cook liked "hatchery" orps too huh?
No, he liked the non hatchery ones. By good utility qualities I mean meat and eggs not “utility quality.” Boy those are confusing terms. He just bred them more to dual purpose qualities than the British birds of today, meaning more meat than hatchery birds and more eggs than English, floofy but not too floofy. It may not have the Standard of American Orpingtons but certainly closer to that than the English ones. Even though he was English.
I’d assume the color he was shooting for was similar to the buff Cochins that already existed and the APA and English Orpingtons that exist today. But I don’t know, I wasn’t him. It was during a time when people wanted buff everything. It stuck more with the Orpingtons than anything else though.

Back
Top Bottom