Buff Orpington Hens or Roosters?

olivia39562

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
MS Gulf Coast
Hey y'all we are new to this and are unsure who is what? They're about 5 months old and are very sweet. I just want to know who I should separate so that if I have more than one rooster. We know we have one rooster, Crash. He is so sweet. Thanks for any input:)
Milo

Batman

The "Joan Crawfords"

Joker

Burn

I'm going with pullet for all except the last ones. I have Buff Orpinton hens and they look just like your pictures. I can barely pick out the tail feathers with the last one but I'm guessing that's your rooster.

Milo, Batman, Joker, and Burn look like cockerels. The other two are pullets.

Last edited:
Hey y'all we are new to this and are unsure who is what? They're about 5 months old and are very sweet. I just want to know who I should separate so that if I have more than one rooster. We know we have one rooster, Crash. He is so sweet. Thanks for any input:)

The "Joan Crawfords"
The above two look like your only pullets.

Joker, Batman, and Burn all appear to have pointy/shiny saddle and hackle feathers - a profile on Milo would help, but he also looks like a cockerel - sorry.
hide.gif

I forgot to post a pic of Crash. He crows and is significantly larger than the others. Joker attempts to crow but BO hens crow according to a blog I read ? Jokers crow is sad sounding not at all like Crash. I appreciate all of the input y'all thanks:)
Here's Crash

Also what in the world am I going to do with all of these roosters?
hmm.png

You can either eat them or try to re-home them (not easy with a bunch of roosters). If you decide to try and re-home them you can list them on Craigslist, or see if the people who work at your local feed store know anyone who might want them. Often they even have a bulletin board you can advertise them on. Also, you can check with your local 4h club; some of the students might be willing to take them. Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your roosters.

Back
Top Bottom