Buff Orpington, pullet or cockrel?

Ok, they didn't an early age, or hardly anything. One of them seems to do a weird bagpipe crow, mostly because it can't get to the food, or wants to come out of the run, or I'm late to feed them.

Attachments

• 1502543536945-1322033449.jpg
    1502543536945-1322033449.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 16
Ok, they didn't an early age, or hardly anything. One of them seems to do a weird bagpipe crow, mostly because it can't get to the food, or wants to come out of the run, or I'm late to feed them.
Look at the hackle and saddle feathers. To me it looks like they are coming in narrow, pointed and especially glossy which to me says cockerels for all of your birds.

Look at the hackle and saddle feathers. To me it looks like they are coming in narrow, pointed and especially glossy which to me says cockerels for all of your birds.
Ok. Thanks for your messages. I'll wait for the confirmation from the breeder, but all looking like it's a full house. Doh!

Heard back from the breeder, he says they all look like cockerels. Crazy situation. Had four hens which were killed last week by a fox, on the day I had a larger coop and run turn up. Now my Orpingtons are turning round to be cockerels. Heard what was possibly a fully blown crow today for the first time, just as my doubts were being realised. Just about to have two empty coops and runs when a week ago I had eight chickens. Funny how life can turn up side down so quickly.

Heard back from the breeder, he says they all look like cockerels. Crazy situation. Had four hens which were killed last week by a fox, on the day I had a larger coop and run turn up. Now my Orpingtons are turning round to be cockerels. Heard what was possibly a fully blown crow today for the first time, just as my doubts were being realised. Just about to have two empty coops and runs when a week ago I had eight chickens. Funny how life can turn up side down so quickly.

Wow, that's rough...really sorry to hear about all that. Can you trade them for pullets?

Back
Top Bottom