Buff Orpington - pullet or roo?

10 week picture update! Now getting a little color in the comb and wattles, but still not much growth. What do you experts think? Pullet? My fingers are crossed!

And here is the obligatory fluffy bum shot. Her bum is different than my other girls (she is my only BO though) - she seems to have more of a bustle, where the others have a fan type tail that sticks up.

After all the reading I have done on this breed, I thought I was in for a cuddly, friendly chicken in her. She actually doesn't like to be picked up or petted at all! I've had all 5 of my chickens from day olds and handled them all from when they were tiny, and the friendliest ones by far are the D'uccle and Maran, followed closely by the Polish. Will she get friendlier as she grows up or is this just her personality? Thanks for any and all input!!

Am I the only one that clearly notices the leg color of the first picture? None of mine had the yellow legs. The yellow legs is the color of a Buff Rock and it is hard to tell them apart. Also the ears of Orpingtons are supposed to be a different color too-although I forgot what color sorry.

Am I the only one that clearly notices the leg color of the first picture? None of mine had the yellow legs. The yellow legs is the color of a Buff Rock and it is hard to tell them apart. Also the ears of Orpingtons are supposed to be a different color too-although I forgot what color sorry.

It dosent have yellow legs. It has whitish/pink legs.Maybe it is the lightening that is making it look yellow to you but it does not look like yellow at all to me.

The thread starter even says they are yellow in the pic

o, well sorry. I did notfollow this from the beginning do i did not even look at ghe top. In the very first pic its legs are yellow, but in ghe newest pics they no longer look yellow. I was just anwsering gender and hzve no intetions on figuring out the breed, much less getting into an argument over breed.

Thanks for all of your input guys! It is strange, because her legs originally were very yellow, but have lightened up over the weeks and are now creamy/pinkish, which I'm assuming is the correct color for a BO? Shes from a hatchery so I can only imagine that her bloodlines aren't exactly pure, but I don't really care as long as she is a girl!

Back
Top Bottom